Karadon coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Karadon coal mine is a pair of two underground minings sites named Kilimli and Gelik, operated by Karadon, Inns TCC (Karadon Taşkömürü Işletme Müessesesi), a subsidiary of TTK, in Kilimli, Zonguldak, Turkey.
The map below shows the exact location of the Karadon mine in Kilimli, Zonguldak, Turkey.
Mining in Karadon began in 1983, when Karadon Taşkömürü İşletme Müessesesi was established as a subsidiary of TTK. The mine consists of two sites, Kilimli and Gelik.
The mine is located in the Zonguldak coalfield alongside four other mines operated by TTK subsidiaries, Armutçuk coal mine Amasra, Kozlu, and Üzülmez.:37,41
In 2020, the mine produced 0.46 million tons of raw coal, and 0.26 million tons of saleable coal from its two sites. The same year it was reported that the mine had 2 million tons ready reserves, 129 million tons proven reserves, 159 million tons probable reserves, and 117 million tons possible reserves according TTK's categorization. Thus, the mine had 131 million tons in proven reserves (ready and proven) and 276 million tons in probable reserves (probable and possible). In 2020, Karadon T.İ.M. had 2837 employees, out of which 201 were office workers, and 2636 laborers.
Several private companies mine in the same seam.
The coal mine is considered "highly gaseous"
- Owner: Karadon, T.İ.M. (Karadon Taşkömürü Işletme Müessesesi)
- Parent company: TTK
- Location: Kilimli, Zonguldak, Turkey
- GPS coordinates: 41.483081, 31.868239 (exact)
- Mine status: operating
- Start year: 1983
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type: hard coal
- Mine size:
- Mine type: underground
- Production: 265,130 tons per annum
- Reserves: 407 million tons
Articles and resources
- ↑ Philip M. Mobbs, "2010 Minerals Yearbook: Turkey", United States Geological Survey, April 2012, page 56.7
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Report (June 2021) 2020 Faaliyet Raporu . Türkiye Taşkömürü Kurumu. Report.
- ↑ Report (June 2021) 2020 Faaliyet Raporu . Türkiye Taşkömürü Kurumu. Report.
- ↑ "RODEVANSLI_SAHALAR", TTK website, accessed March 2018
- ↑ Ozgur Yilmaz,Drilling and blasting designs for parallel hole cut and V-cut method in excavation of underground coal mine galleries, Scientific Reports, Volume 13, 2449 (2023)
- ↑ Association of British Mining Equipment Companies, Turkey Mining Overview, March 2019.