Nakhodka Commercial Sea Port
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Nakhodka Commercial Sea Port is located in Nakhodka, Russia. It handles coal.
The map below shows the location of the Nakhodka Commercial Sea Port. The port operates berths on both sides of Nakhodka Bay (бухта Находка). The smaller Terminal Astafiev is located directly to the southwest of the southern berths of the Nakohdka Commercial Sea Port.
The Nakhodka Trade Sea Port was founded on June 17, 1947. In 2001, the Nakhodka Trade Sea Port became part of EVRAZ, a vertically integrated coal-mining and steel company. In 2014, the port handled 9.3 million tonnes of cargo.
In the month of June 2015, coal handling at EVRAZ Nakhodka Trade Sea Port was 645,000 tonnes, a record for the port.
In June 2017, EVRAZ sold 100% of the port to one of its shareholders, Lanebrook Limited, for US$354.4 million. However, the two companies signed an agreement for EVRAZ to continue shipping coal through the Nakhodka Commercial Sea Port.
In 2019, the port handled a total of 11.6 million tonnes of cargo, including 9.5 million tonnes of coal.
- Operator: JSC "Nakhodka Commercial Sea Port"
- Location: Nakhodka, Russia
- Annual Coal Capacity (Tonnes): 12 million
- Type: Exports
- Source of Coal: Russia
Articles and Resources
- Неприморские угольщики: большинство стивидорных компаний в регионе зарегистрированы в Москве или офшорах, ВЛ Новости, Apr. 24, 2020
- "EVRAZ NMTP," EVRAZ, accessed Dec 2015
- "Coal handling at Nakhodka Trade Sea Port reached 645 thousand tonnes in June," AK&M, 13/07/2015
- Evraz закрыл сделку по продаже 100% порта в Находке Абрамовичу с партнерами, Vedomosti, June 15, 2017
- Находкинский морторгпорт в 2019г увеличил перевалку на 14%, угля - на 16%, Interfax, Feb. 21, 2020
- Неприморские угольщики: большинство стивидорных компаний в регионе зарегистрированы в Москве или офшорах, News VL, Apr. 24, 2020