|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Terminal Astafiev operates at the Port of Nakhodka in Primorsky Krai, Russia’s Far East. It handles coal.
The port is located on the Trudny Peninsula jutting into the Nakhodka Bay of the Sea of Japan.
Terminal Astafiev handled about 1.5 million tonnes of coal annually in 2013 and 2014. The port is contractual partners with Russian coal companies Stroiservis Inc., Mechel, Kuzbassrazrezugol, Suek, and Gunvor Group. Most exports are to Asia.
A port upgrade project including dredging and berth modernization was launched in 2012, allowing the port to receive Panamax class vessels. Stevedore Terminal Astafiev planned to double its coal turnover in 2013 to three million tonnes a year, with a further increase to 6 million tonnes a year in 2016.
- Operator: Aqua-Resources Group
- Location: Primorsky Krai, Russia
- Annual Coal Capacity (Tonnes): 3 million
- Planned Additional Coal Capacity (Tonnes): 3 million by 2016
- Status: Expanding
- Type: Exports (Asia)
- Source of Coal: Russia
Articles and Resources
- "The history," Terminal Astafiev, accessed Dec 2015
- "Statistics," Terminal Astafiev, accessed Dec 2015
- "Terminal Astafiev in Primorye served first Panamax," VK PTUS, 28 Feb 2015
- "Clean Coal Forum 2013"