|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of South Africa|
Navitrade Terminal is located at Richards Bay Coal Terminal in KwaZulu-Natal province, South Africa. There are plans to transform the terminal into a fully mechanized coal terminal, also known as RBT Grindrod. Annual capacity would be increased from four million tonnes to twenty.
Grindrod operates the Navitrade terminal at Richards Bay with RBT Resources (Pty) Ltd. Navitrade terminal is a separate terminal from Richards Bay Coal terminal, and has annual capacity of 4 million tonnes (mt). Grindrod plans to increase capacity to 20mt a year. The expansion may handle coal mined in Botswana.
- Operator: Grindrod, RBT Resources (Pty) Ltd.
- Location: KwaZulu-Natal province, South Africa
- Current Coal Capacity (Million Tonnes Per Annum): 4
- Additional Proposed Capacity (Million Tonnes Per Annum): 16
- Status: Proposed expansion
- Projected In Service:
- Type: Exports
- Coal Source:
- Cost of expansion: US$192 million
- Financing for expansion:
Resources and articles
Related GEM.wiki articles
- "Richards Bay Coal Terminal sets coal export record", BD Live, January 7, 2014
- "Botswana Coal Companies See Output Without New Rail Line," Bloomberg, Jan 25, 2015
- "Navitrade Terminal to See $192-million Expansion," Coal Investing News, August 28, 2013