|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
North Mine is a proposed U.S. coal mine along the Pennsylvania-Maryland border in Grantsville, Maryland. It is owned by Corsa Coal Corporation. Corsa is currently undergoing the permitting process in order to access these reserves.
The below map shows the approximate location for North Mine in Grantsville, Maryland.
North mine is in close proximity to Corsa Coal's Casselman mine. It will allow Corsa Coal to utilize the current equipment at the Casselman mine when it mines out, or to increase their tonnage production from this region by starting the North mine simultaneously. North Mine will access reserves from the Upper Freeport coal seam.
- Parent Company: Corsa Coal Corporation
- Location: Grantsville, Maryland, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 39.689648, -79.167914 (approximate)
- Status Proposed
- Production Capacity:
- Total Resource: 4.5 tons
- Mineable Reserves: 3.2 tons
- Coal type: metallurgical
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Proposed coal mines
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- Future Projects: North Mine Corsa Coal, accessed November 2019.
- Corsa Coal Corp. Investor Presentation: November 2019 Corsa Coal, accessed November 2019.
- "Corsa Coal Corp. Investor Presentation," "Corsa," May 2020.