Novodonetskaya Coal Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Novodonetskaya Coal Mine is an operating underground coal mine in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine.
According to the Institute for War and Peace Reporting, most Donbas region mines were seized by Russians and pro-Russian rebels in late 2014 and many have endured electricity shortages and flooding ever since. The current output of the Donbas mines, including this one, is no longer transparent, and many are likely non-operational and on hiatus.
The map below shows the location of the mine, near Bilozers'ke, in Dobropillia Raion, Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine.
The Novodonetskaya coal mine is an underground coal mine. It is operated by Dobropillya Coal Mining (Dobropillyavuhillya), a state-owned company that was sold by DTEK back to the Ukrainian state in February 2021.
- Owner: Dobropillya Coal Mining
- Parent Company: Government of Ukraine
- Location: Bilozers'ke, Dobropillia Raion, Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine
- GPS Coordinates: 48.5589919, 37.003202 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 0.97 million tonnes (2020) 
- Production Capacity: 1.2 Mtpa
- Total Reserves: 78 MT
- Recoverable Reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1968
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Yulia Abibok, Ukraine’s Coal Industry in Crisis, Institute for War and Peace Reporting, January 22, 2021
- ДТЭК Шахта "Новодонецкая", Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- Шахта «Новодонецька», Wikipedia (Ukrainian), accessed Mar. 2021.
- ДТЕК передав управління шахтами Добропіллявугілля новоствореному державному підприємству «Добропіллявугілля-видобуток», DTEK press release, 8 Feb. 2021.
- Шахта «Новодонецкая», MiningWiki.ru, accessed Apr. 2021.
- DTEK, "DTEK Dobropolyeugol miners produced more than 4 million tons of coal in a year", DTEK website, Accessed May 2021