SSAB Luleå steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
SSAB Luleå is a steel plant in Luleå, Sweden.
The map below shows the approximate location of the steel plant in Luleå, Sweden.
SSAB aims to convert the SSAB Luleå steel plant blast furnace (BF) to a 100% renewables-based hydrogen direct reduced iron (H-DRI) and electric arc furnace (EAF) facility between 2030-2040. SSAB plans to bring fossil-free steel to the steel market by 2026 through operations at the SSAB Oxelösund steel plant.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: SSAB
- Owner: SSAB Luleå
- Location: SE-971 88 Luleå, Sweden
- GPS Coordinates: 65.559719, 22.219699 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1941 (age 79–80)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 blast furnace (BF); basic oxygen furnace (# unknown)
Articles and resources
- Contact, SSAB AB, Jan. 31, 2020
- First in fossil-free steel. Using HYBRIT Technology, SSAB, Retrieved on: May 14, 2021
- Sites all over the world, SSAB, Retrieved on: Mar. 4, 2020
- SSAB Annual Report 2019, SSAB, 2019