Alardinskaya coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Alardinskaya coal mine is an underground coal mine, operated by Raspadskaya Coal Company, a subsidiary of Evraz, producing 2.91 million tonnes per annum, in Novokuznetsk in the Kuzbass coalfield, in the Kemerovo Oblast, Russia. It is part of the Yuzhkuzbassugol coal mining complex.
The mapbelow shows the approximate location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
- Sponsor: Raspadskaya Coal Company
- Parent Company: Evraz
- Location: Novokuznetsk, Kuzbass region, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 54.147270, 87.383002 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.91 million tonnes
- Total Resource: 413.7 MT
- Mineable Reserves: 300 million tonnes
- Coal type: Bitmonius (Met), Coking coal
- Mine Size: Depth: 700 m 
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1957
- Workforce: Approximately 1000 
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Evraz, "Novokuznetsk site," Evraz website, accessed 7 January 2020.
- Reuters, "Accident shuts 2nd Evraz coal mine in Russia", Reuters website, Accessed February 2021
- Evraz, "EVRAZ launches Yerunakovskaya-VIII mine," Evraz website, 26 February 2013.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency, [https://www.globalmethane.org/documents/yuzhkuzbassugol-mines-pfs-jan2014-eng.pdf "Pre-feasibility Study for Coal Mine Methane Drainage and Utilization at Alardinskaya and Uskovskaya Coal Mines Kuzbass Coal Basin, Russian Federation"] Global Methane website, Accessed February 2021.
- Evraz, "Novokuznetsk site: Alardinskaya", Evraz website, Accessed February 2021