Raspadskaya coal mining complex
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Raspadskaya coal mines are a complex of surface and underground mines, operated by Raspadskaya Coal Company, a subsidiary of Evraz, producing 12.7 million tonnes of coal per annum, in the southwest of the Tom-Usinsk area of the Kuznetsk (Kuzbass) coal basin, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia. 
The map below shows the exact location of the Raspadskaya coal mining complex.
Coal Mine Complex Background
In 2013 Raspadskaya became part of EVRAZ plc group.
In 1991 the mine complex was privatised.
In 1977 the Raspadskaya mine began operation.
The mine supplies Russian smelters, including NLMK's Novolipetsk Steel, MMK's Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works and NTMK's Nizhniy Tagil Iron & Steel Works. It export to Ukraine and Eastern Europe including Romania, Hungry, Bulgaria. The company is in the process of actively exploring entry to the South-Asian markets of India, Japan and South Korea.
The MUK-96 underground mine was seal following the suspension of coal production in 2016 due to complex geology conditions. Other aspects of the mining complex remain open.
- Sponsor: Raspadskaya Coal Company
- Parent Company: Evraz (82%) rest is a free float on the stock exchange
- Location: 11km north of Mezdurechensk town, Kemerovo Oblast, Siberia, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 53.784142, 88.082391 (exact)
- Status: Existing
- Production Capacity: 12.7 mtpa (2017)
- Total Resource: 1,461 million tons, 1,346 million tons 
- Mineable Reserves: 782 million tons
- Coal type: Coking coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: underground and surface
- Start Year: 1973
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Raspadskaya, "About Company", Raspadskaya website, accessed 13 January 2020.
- Raspadskaya Coal Mines, Kemerovo Oblast, NE Energy, accessed May 13, 2020
- Google maps "Raspadskaya Shakhta", Google maps, accessed 14 January 2020.
- Raspadskaya, "History", Raspadskaya website, accessed 13 January 2020.
- Raspadskaya, "Our business", Raspadskaya website, accessed 13 January 2020.
- Raspadskaya, "Raspadskaya Announces Preliminary Operational Results, For Q4 and FY 2017", Raspadskaya website, 25 January 2018.