Gustorzyn-Wronów Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Gustorzyn-Wronów Gas Pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline in Poland.
The pipeline would run from Gustorzyn, Poland, to Wronów, Poland.
- Owner: GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
- Proposed Capacity:
- Length: 316 km / 196.4 miles
- Financing: Unspecified European Investment Bank project loan amount to Gaz-System
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year: 2023
The pipeline is listed as a Project of Common Interest by the European Commission, making it eligible for public funding. It is part of a proposed network in Eastern Europe meant to improve connectivity between Poland, Hungry, and Slovakia. The other pipelines in the network include: Rozwadów Końskowola Wronów Pipeline, Jarosław Rozwadów Pipeline, Hermanowice Jarosław Pipeline, Hermanowice Strachocina Pipeline, Tworóg Tworzen Pipeline, Pogórska Wola Tworzen Pipeline, Strachocina Pogórska Wola Pipeline, Rembelszczyzna Wronów Pipeline. The network is listed on the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG) ten year network development plan as "North - South Gas Corridor in Western Poland" and "TRA-N-245."
In December 2019, the European Investment Bank signed a €233 million loan agreement with Gaz-System to cover the construction of the project as well as the construction of the Polish section of the company's Poland-Slovakia Gas Pipeline. The EIB did not provide disaggregated loan amounts for the two projects.
According to ENTSOG the North - South Gas Corridor in Eastern Poland is expected to be commissioned in 2029.
Articles and resources
- North – South Gas Corridor in Eastern Poland, European Commission, November 2019
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (October 2020). "TYNDP 2020 - MAP – Transmission" (PDF). ENTSOG. Retrieved December 4, 2020.
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (November 25, 2020). "TYNDP 2020 Annex A.2 – Project Tables". ENTSOG. Retrieved December 2, 2020.
- ENERGY SECURITY OF SUPPLY IN POLAND - PCI, European Investment Bank Projects, Sep. 23, 2019
- GUSTORZYN-WRONÓW GAS PIPELINE, Gaz-System, accessed August 2020
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (2020). "TYNDP - Annex A - Projects Tables RPJ007_NS_2020 - entsog". ENTSOG. Retrieved September 16, 2020.