Tulunugol-Azeisky coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Azeisky coal mine (Азейский разрез - Тулунуголь) is an operating surface mine in Irkutsk Oblast, Russia.
The map below shows the exact location of the Azeisky coal mine, near Tulun, in Tulunsky District, Irkutsk Oblast, Russia.
Information available on Vostsibugol mines is very limited. The mine is part of Tulunugol subsidiary, together with the younger Tulunugol-Mugunsky coal mine, even though the two mines are about 50 km apart.
Mining has taken place at the Azeisky coal mine since 1969. Production peak was achieved in 1987 - 15 million tonnes.
The main consumer of coal produced by Azeisky are the power stations of Irkutsenergo - Novo-Irkutsk power station, Novo-Ziminskaya power station, Irkutsk-9 power station, Irkutsk-10 power station, Irkutsk-11 power station, Baikal power station and Selenginskaya power station.
- Operator: Vostsibugol LLC
- Owner: En+ Group JSC
- Location: Tulun, Tulunsky District, Irkutsk Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 54.47333333, 100.70194444 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 2.3 MT (2016)
- Total Reserves: 109 MT
- Coal type: Lignite (Thermal)
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 1969
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Угольный разрез «Азейский», Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- "Branch "Open-pit mine" Tulunugol"," "LLC "Company" Vostsibugol" website," accessed July 2020. Webpage recorded on December 18, 2012.
- Востсибуголь, MiningWiki.ru, accessed May 2021.
- "ТРУД ТЯЖЕЛЫЙ И СУРОВЫЙ – ЛЮДЯМ УГОЛЬ ДОБЫВАТЬ". Tulun municipality. 27 August 2021.
- Разрез «Тулунуголь», Vostsibugol website, 8 June 2014 (via Wayback Machine).
- "Список угольных предприятий России". Ru.wikipedia. 2017.
- "Argus Russian Coal". argusmedia.com. August 1, 2022.