Azeisky-Tulunugol coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Azeisky-Tulunugol coal mine is an operating open-pit mine in Irkutsk Oblast, Russia.
This is the exact location of the Azeisky-Tulunugol coal mine, near Tulun, in Tulunsky District, Irkutsk Oblast, Russia.
Mining has taken place at Azeisky and Tulunugol coal mines since at least the 1980s. There are two main coal production sites within it. It is unclear exactly when mining began at Azeisky, but the maximum peak of coal transportation from the Azeisky coal mine was between 1985 and 1989. The average annual transportation was 17.5 - 18 million tons.
- Sponsor: VostSibUgol Company LLC
- Parent Company: JSC"Еn+Group"
- Location: Tulun, Tulunsky District, Irkutsk Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 54.47333333, 100.70194444 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 7.5 mtpa (in 2018)
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 412 million tons (as of 2011)
- Coal type: Lignite (brown coal)
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Open pit
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Угольный разрез «Азейский», Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- "Branch "Open-pit mine" Tulunugol"," "LLC "Company" Vostsibugol" website," accessed July 2020. Webpage recorded on December 18, 2012.
- "En+ Group Launches Emergency Response to Help People Affected by Irkutsk Flooding," "En+Group website," July 3, 2019.
- "Russia: Vostsibugol coal output up in 2018," "The Ukranian Metal," February 7, 2019.