|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
This article is part of the collection of articles on coal projects in Victoria, Australia, which has been developed in conjunction with Environment Victoria. See here for help on adding material to CoalSwarm.
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
MBD Energy is an unlisted Australian company which specialises in what it refers to as "Bio Carbon Capture and Storage" technology which aim to commercially convert power station flue gases to algae which in turn yield oil and animal feed.
The major coal company, Anglo American, became a "cornerstone investor" in MBD in 2009 after acquiring more than 20% in the company. Anglo Coal's Global CEO, Seamus French, is a non-executive director of MBD Energy.
Board of Directors
MBD Energy Limited
456 Victoria Parade
Phone: (61 3) 9415 8711
Email: info AT mbdenergy.com
For media enquiries please contact:
MBD Energy Communications Director
Ph: (61 2) 9965 9300
E: peter.cassuben AT mbdenergy.com
Articles and resources
- MBD Energy, "Sustainable oil from Bio Carbon Capture and Storage a step closer", Media Release, November 19, 2009. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "MBD1" defined multiple times with different content
- MBD Energy, "Anglo invests to develop CO2 capture technology based on algae synthesis", Media Release, Media Release, November 19, 2009.
- MBD Energy, "About Us", MBD Energy website, accessed August 2010.
- MBD Energy, "Eminent Australian Scientist, Robin Batterham AO, joins CO2 innovator’s board", Media Release, February 1, 2012.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Australia and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage in Australia
- New South Wales and coal
- Queensland and coal