Eskişehir Alpu coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Eskişehir Alpu lignite mine is a proposed coal mine on the Alpu and Tepebaşı coal field in Eskişehir province, Turkey.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed mine in Alpu, Eskişehir province, Turkey.
Sector B, covering 1,787 hectares, would supply Alpu power station and was included in a tender which was due to end January 2018 but was postponed to March 2018. In August 2018 Turkey's Council of State’s 14th chamber upheld a ruling by an administrative court in the western province of Eskişehir that the mine requires an environmental impact assessment (EIA)
- Parent company: Elektrik Üretim Anonim Şirketi (EÜAŞ)
- Location: 25 km from Eskişehir, Eskişehir province, Turkey
- GPS coordinates: 39.739223, 30.992029 (approximate)
- Mine status: Proposed
- Start year:
- Mineable reserves: 296 million tons
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mine size:
- Mine type:
- Additional proposed production:
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- ↑ Eskişehir Alpu Kömür sahası ihaleye çıktı, Dünya, Sep. 2017.
- ↑ Eskişehir Alpu Kömür sahası ihalesine erteleme,Enerji Günlüğü, Jan 20 2018
- ↑ Court says ‘environment report necessary’ for planned coal mine in western Turkey, Hurriyet Daily News, Aug. 10, 2018
- ↑ ESKİŞEHİR-ALPU OVASI YOK EDİLEMEZ!, jmo.org.tr, Dec. May 21, 2018