Sorgun Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Sorgun Coal Mine is a mine using underground and surface mining in Küçükköhne, Sorgun, Yozgat, Turkey. It is operated and owned by Yeni Anadolu Madencilik ve Teknoloji.
The map below shows the approximate location of the mine.
Production at the Sorgun Coal Mine started in 1965 when a state-owned company, Yeni Çeltek Kömür ve Madencilik A.Ş. (Yeni Çeltek Coal and Mining Company), started operating the mine. In 2018, Yeni Çeltek Kömür ve Madencilik A.Ş. changed its name to Yeni Anadolu Madencilik ve Teknoloji (Yeni Anadolu Mining and Technology).
Sorgun Coal Mine employs 200 workers on average and produce 0.2 million tons a year.
- Operator:Yeni Anadolu Madencilik ve Teknoloji
- Owner: Yeni Anadolu Madencilik ve Teknoloji
- GPS coordinates: 39.786437, 35.135837 (Approximate)
- Mine status: Operating
- Production: 0.2 million tons per year
- Total reserves:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mine size:
- Mine type: Underground and surface
- Start year: 1965
- Number of employees: 200