|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of coal and power industry data|
The Electricity Generation Company (Elektrik Üretim A.Ş. or EÜAŞ) is a Turkish government owned electricity utility company. EÜAŞ owns and operates power stations and coal mines. Its headquarters are in Ankara, Turkey. Although EÜAŞ owns coal fields and coal mines across 7 provinces, it does not produce coal. Production from EÜAŞ owned coal mines and fields are undertaken by private companies that acquire operating rights through tenders.
Although EÜAŞ owns seven coalfields, coal is being mines only in the Afşin-Elbistan coalfield and the Çayırhan coalfield. Whereas coal production in the former is leased in 2018 to Afşin- Elbistan Elektrik Üretim ve Ticaret A.Ş. (Afşin Elbistan Electricity Production and Trade inc.), a subsidiary of Çelikler Holding, the latter is operated by Park Termik, a subsidiary of Ciner Group since 2010.
Proposed lignite-fired power stations
Table columns may be sorted by clicking on the header.
|Turkey||EUAS||363||Afsin - Elbistan C||announced||1400||lignite||38.350818||37.00706|
|Turkey||EUAS||364||Afsin - Elbistan D||announced||1200||lignite||38.353439||36.981118|
|Category||Reserve Classification||Quantity||Units||Data Year|
|Commercial Reserves||Total Reserves (Proven and Probable)||963||million tonnes||2020|
|Commercial Resources||Total Resources||million tonnes|
Revenue and Profits
Company Website: https://www.euas.gov.tr/
- About EUAŞ, EUAŞ website accessed May 2018
- (2020) Kömür [Linyit Sektörü Raporu 2019] . TKI. Report.
- Türkiye'ye Güç Veriyoruz: 2019 Faaliyet Raporu . Elektrik Üretim Anonim Şirketi. Report.
- "Afşin Elbistan Elektrik Üretim ve Ticaret A.Ş." Çelikler Holding. Retrieved June 14, 2021.
- Taner Yıldız (October 28, 2018) Yazılı Soru Önergesi(7-16432) . T.C. Enerji ve Tabii Kaynaklar Bakanlığı. Report.
- Mavi Kitap 2016, Enerji ve Tabii Kaynaklar Bakanlığı
- CARMA: Carbon Monitoring for Action, accessed December 2012
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- Elektrik Üretim AŞ (2021) 2020 Yılı Faaliyet Raporu . Report.